In the Northeast section of Munich is one of Munich’s largest neighborhoods, which stretches from Prinzregentenstrasse to the ring road. It’s known for its large hotel and business complex at Arabella, as well as neighboring the English Gardens. But more than anything, Bogenhausen is equated with glamour and Munich’s jet set crowd. Ostentatious streets are lined with ornate villas (as this photo displays), and this part of town oozes wealth. As well as the Austrian and Polish general consulates, the Federal Finance Court is also housed in Bogenhausen. The building is steeped in history and is situated in an 18,000 square metre park. It was acquired by the then Bavarian Minister of State Freiherr Maximilian von Montgelas. The so-called Treaty of Bogenhausen was agreed in his ‘Gartenhaus Bogenhausen’ in 1805. This secret treaty established an alliance between Bavaria and France against Austria and Russia, their allies at the time, and allowed Napoleon to march into Bavaria with his troops. In return, Bavaria could realign its boundaries, and Elector Max IV. Joseph of Bavaria received royal dignity.