Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And so it Begins...

So I’ve been a bit delayed getting over to Oktoberfest – a full week in fact. Last year, our first full year in Munich, I felt I was at Oktoberfest every day in September. This year, I thought I would ease into it, and what better day than Family Day? Why ease into it, you ask? Well Oktoberfest in Munich is an all-encompassing thing. Take a look at the local papers and you will understand - 50% of the articles are already on Oktoberfest – beer, beer, and more beer. If you are in Munich, there’s no way of getting around it. So you might as well strap on your Lederhosen and dirndl and join the party. So lots more to come in the next few days, but I thought I would share this picture of a regal couple in front of the Spaten beer trailer. They look amazing, and amazingly Bavarian. It was the strangest thing. It seemed that in front of every beer trailer, there was someone with matching color, pattern, and demeanor. It was like a beer endorsement around every corner. In the end, it was just people having fun at Oktoberfest.

2 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Great photo - love the repeating red colors! Alles Gute zum Oktoberfest!

Stefan Jansson said...

Skål!