Friday, April 17, 2009

Selling the Residence

Of course, Munich’s Royal Residence isn’t really for sale, but that doesn’t stop a little old-fashioned capitalism. You now see this all over Europe. As renovations are done on some of the most historic sites, you generally see a canopy placed over the sight with a picture of the building, and then an advertisement slapped on top of it. I’m no traditionalists, and honestly it doesn’t bother me at all – but the most blatant form of capitalism I’ve seen around Europe was Kylie Minogue in her H&M Bikini on the Salzburg Cathedral. Only 29.99 for a limited time. This particular advertisement for LavAzza Espresso seems so much more fitting – with a sensual embrace in evening attire, above the Grand Canal in Venice - for those entering the National Theatre (which is right next to the Residence). We are in the Northernmost Italian City, afterall. LavAzza has made a name for the company with trendy advertising, but this is by far the best I’ve seen and I’m thankful that it surfaced in Munich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful!

Leif Hagen said...

AUSGEZEICHNET! Your Munich photo blog is loaded with gorgeous German photos. Reminds me of my visit to Munchen and my studies in the former Bundesrepublik Deutschland. I'm new to CDP; I started EAGAN daily photo. Greetings from the Twin Cities of Minnesota