Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Morning Paper

Given the high percentage of Munich residents who speak English comfortably, I have been surprised at how difficult it is to keep up with Munich News in English. There are fantastic news sources for all of Germany, including Deutsche Welle and Spiegel, as well as less known sources such as Google News and Expatica German News for the American slant. One site that does bill itself as a local source is the Local News, but I find coverage much more focused on sports. I would be very interested in whether you know of any other sources for Munich specific news in English. If all else fails, my best bet is to just punch the local paper into Windows Live Translator. It’s not ideal but does give me 70%+ of the information. I guess this is a reminder to brush up on my German.

No comments: