A couple looks over Europaplatz and Princeregentenstrasse and the city of Munich. This spot, at the foot of the Angel of Peace statue in Northeast Munich, is one of the many viewpoints along the Isar River. The street is one of the major thoroughfares through Munich, and one of the four original city royal roads. It was built in 1891 and named after Luitpold, the Prince Regent of Bavaria. At the time, it was a prime address for the middle class. Today it is filled with many museums, and is the location of Adolf Hitler's former appartment at number 16.